Okay, we get it — Nintendo has sold many, many Wii consoles. But just how many? According to Nintendo, it’s now sold 30 million units… in the United States over a 45 month period. Nintendo says that this makes it the fastest-selling console in the history of the industry.
“This milestone is another reminder that people want fun games they can play with others,” says Nintendo’s executive vice president of sales and marketing, Cammie Dunaway, “all at a value-minded price.”
You can currently pick up a Wii along with two games (Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort), along with a Wii Remote, a Nunchuk, and a Wii MotionPlus attachment for $199.99. It’s hard to argue the value of this bundle. But will it look as attractive to consumers alongside Sony’s and Microsoft’s motion control offerings this holiday?
For fun, hit the jump to see the top 10 best-selling first- and third-party titles, according to the NPD Group.
- Wii Play™
- Mario Kart™ Wii
- Wii Fit™ (with Wii Balance Board™ accessory)
- New Super Mario Bros.™ Wii
- Wii Sports Resort
- Super Smash Bros.™ Brawl
- Super Mario Galaxy™
- Wii Fit™ Plus (with Wii Balance Board™ accessory)
- Mario Party™ 8
- Link’s Crossbow Training
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock from Activision
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games from SEGA
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga from LucasArts
- Carnival Games from Take-Two Interactive
- Game Party from Midway
- EA Sports Active from Electronic Arts
- Just Dance from Ubisoft
- Rayman Raving Rabbids from Ubisoft
- Deca Sports from Hudson Entertainment
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games from SEGA